When you’re ready to build on your lot in Nashville TN, you’ll need to follow a few steps to make sure the process goes smoothly. Fortunately you don’t have to go it alone. When you build a new home on your lot with Capitol Homes, they’ll assist you in selecting the right piece of property and transforming it into a place you’re proud to call home.
Here are the steps to building a home on your own lot:
- If you’re still looking for land, contact your builder before you purchase the lot. Ask the builder to guide you in the selection process. This step can save you a great deal of heartache–and money–if that picturesque piece of property you have your eye on isn’t suitable for building or would require a larger-than-usual investment to make it buildable.
- Choose a builder who knows the local market and has experience building on owners’ lots. This should be someone you feel comfortable working with and who’s ready to adapt to your needs.
- You and/or your builder will need to obtain all necessary permits before any work can begin on the lot. You’ll also need to arrange for the installation of utility lines, demolition of any unwanted existing structures, tree removal and other preliminary work.
- After you’ve purchased a suitable lot it’s time for the fun part–meeting with your builder to plan your new home! Your builder will help you choose and customize a plan that will work well on your lot, suits your lifestyle and fits your budget.
- Have realistic expectations. It can take six months or more to complete a home on a customer’s lot. However, the end result is a one-of-a-kind dream home built just for you!
Capitol Homes has built more than 1,000 homes throughout Middle Tennessee over the past 17 years. They can help you choose the right lot to suit your needs or build on your already purchased lot. Their selection of nine build-on-your-lot floor plans includes a variety of 3-5 bedroom, 2-car garage home plans plus an additional plan for a detached 2-car garage.
Call Capitol Homes at 615-589-3190 to find out how they can help you build on your lot in Nashville, TN.Tags: build on your lot nashville tn, homebuilder nashville tn, homes for sale nashville tn, new homes nashville tn
This post was written by Capitol Homes