Start planning now to build a new home in 2019. Building a home is an intricate process. At Capitol Homes, we’ve refined this process to create a smooth path from signing the purchase agreement to receiving the keys to your completed home.
Here’s an overview of the steps you’ll take with us through the homebuilding journey:
- In order to get started on your home, Capitol Homes will require a builder deposit of 5% of the sales price. When you sign your purchase agreement you’ll make a $1,000 escrow deposit to secure the agreement. You can expect your home to be completed about 4 months after signing.
- Stay organized throughout the process. Designate a file where you’ll store all papers and documents related to building your home. Mark payment due dates and meeting dates on your calendar.
- Decide what you want in terms of options and upgrades. Make your selections promptly to avoid construction delays. Be aware that some choices may increase or reduce the cost of your home and you will need to adjust your payments or mortgage accordingly.
- Make your decisions and stick with them. If you change your mind about something during the building process, you’ll need to submit a change order and pay for the changes at that time. Sticking with the original plan will make your home building process smoother and will save you money.
- Early in the process, we’ll meet with you for a Builder Orientation. You’ll meet the onsite supervisor for your home and you’ll submit your final selections for options and upgrades. Any changes made after this meeting may result in an additional builder deposit.
- You may visit your home during construction, but don’t go beyond the curb without a Capitol Homes Team Member. This is to protect your safety on the job site. We’ll email photos every week, so onsite visits are not necessary.
- When your home is nearing completion, we’ll schedule a Home Orientation to walk you through your house and inform you of all its features and functions.
- The closing will be held at Midtown Title in Nashville. You’ll make your final payment and receive the keys to your new house!
Ready to get started? Call Capitol Homes today at 615-589-3190 and make 2019 your year to build a new home!
Capitol Homes has been building custom new homes in Nashville TN & surrounding areas such as Hendersonville TN, Franklin TN, and Mt. Juliet TN since 1992. Call today to inquire about available homes for sale or to start building your dream home today at 615.589.3190!Tags: homebuilder in hendersonville tn, homes for sale hendersonville tn, new homes hendersonville tn
This post was written by Capitol Homes